Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fearing Fame


When pressed at his CHILDREN'S concert at City Hall if he was negotiating with Illinois Governor Blagojevich as 'Advisor A', Rahm Emnauel had to push off a reporter in front of family saying,
" You're wasting your time, I'm not going to say a word to you.
I'm doing this with my children. Don't do that. I'm a father.
I have two kids. I'm not going to do that. "

While being recognized on the street comes with being noticed on TV or the wide screen, there comes boundaries that are always crossed regarding your 'normal' life. Many people always say to me, "Oh you want to be a famous actress one day, eh?". Some find it hard to believe that with my chosen profession I prefer privacy to publicity. Of course I know the price of fame and the understanding that I am putting myself out there for the world to see. But I take great pride in my life and would not anyone who did not know me feel like they have the right to peek into what I consider sacred and my own.

But then comes the hypocrite in me who views Perezhilton before checking my e-mail. The difference comes in the fact that Perez displays "celebrities" and "fame whores" who do everything possible to push their lives in front of the camera. Yes Britney Spears intrigues me and her constant crack melt downs are probably my favorite things in the world....BUT STAY AWAY FROM HER KIDS. The paparazzi has completely taken over what the entertainment press should be. I don't want to see pictures of their cellulite- Please I could just look in the mirror at me and my bulldog.. Most movie stars sit down for press junkets and agree to answer most questions in a civilized, public manner that helps promote their work. Just like a product to a CEO- a film is something an actor believes in and wants to sell.

However, I fear one day being asked a question, or quite simple feeling harassed by this question out of nowhere in front my kids. I dream of one day of being happy with a family and a backyard of fat bulldogs. ( Hopefully near a lake). I dream of working on my craft to support my family and filling me with the creativity of doing what I enjoy.

The paparazzi has only accelerated at a rate that soon one day, there will be no privacy at all. I can only wish to be respected and that my work would be the thing that is in the public eye.

Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment